Bank of America is committed to the protection of personal information we collect and process. We conduct regular assessment reviews and abide by rigorous privacy standards to protect personal information we collect, use and share.
Our Country Compliance Officers and global Privacy Legal and Compliance teams promote sustainable compliance with privacy laws globally, including the provision of Data Protection Notices (“DPN”) for our clients.
This page is designed for our corporate and institutional clients, including prospective clients, who engage with a Bank of America entity where the provision of a DPN is required. The DPNs describe our collection and use, in connection with the services we provide and the events we sponsor, of the personal information of those individuals who work for or are otherwise engaged by, or interact with, these clients or prospective clients and their respective affiliates or other third parties.
If you are a US customer of our retail banking services, please visit Bank of America U.S. Consumer Privacy.
Our corporate and institutional DPNs detail:
- What constitutes personal information
- How we collect, use and disclose personal information online and offline in connection with the services we provide to our clients and to meet applicable legal and regulatory obligations
- How individuals may request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal information provided to us
- Data retention practices
- How to contact us with any questions in connection with the personal information provided to Bank of America
- Other information as required by local law