Fulfilling your mission in higher education comes with an array of complexities. That’s why we provide specialized teams dedicated to serving public and private colleges, universities and research institutions nationwide.
Achieve your financial goals with higher-education specialists
Change management in higher education
As the pace of change and digital transformation picks up across all industries, higher education institutions face their own unique challenges. Bank of America recently held a panel discussion with higher education clients who shared their best practices for managing change.
Fund growth and operations
Whether you are expanding or improving your institution, cost-efficient capital helps you meet your current and future needs. Understanding your strategic and operating needs is how our financing specialists help you succeed.
Working capital financing
- Match your working capital requirements with flexible credit solutions including revolving and non-revolving lines of credit and business credit cards.
- Benefit from term loans with fixed-rate pricing and a predetermined payment schedule, to forecast your cash flow with greater precision and match the useful lives of assets financed.
- When issuing variable-rate demand notes use a bank-direct pay letter of credit, or initiate a standby bond purchase agreement to meet liquidity requirements.
- Adopt flexible, customized solutions at a lower cost while meeting your accounting, tax and cash flow objectives
- Obtain interim financing to aid in completing a transaction in advance of more permanent capital.
Enhance cash flows and efficiency
Strong cash flows and efficient operations are critical in serving the needs of students, faculty and staff. Increase your visibility, control and efficiency by optimizing your working capital and liquidity. Access complete solutions to manage your disbursements and receipts, liquidity, investments, FX, credit and trade while eliminating inefficient paper processes.
- View, analyze and manage your financial information through one integrated online banking channel.
- Make faster, easier payments through the convenience of mobile technology. Delivering quick payments that can eliminate paper checks, create efficiencies and save money.
Payments and merchant services
- Access the guidance and capabilities of one of the world’s largest payments processors to collect and disburse funds with greater efficiency, flexibility, speed and control, as well as streamline a broad range of payments.
- Get automated payments and easier and faster access to consolidated global data with commercial card technologies, helping you reduce costs, increase working capital and improve process efficiencies.
Conduct operations internationally
Growing and managing academic programs globally requires understanding diverse cultures, risks and regulations. That’s why we offer a global platform of integrated capabilities across multiple regions and time zones. Whether you’re establishing a branch campus in China or streamlining your cross-border euro transactions, pursue your goals with seamless banking worldwide.
- International capabilities and on-the-ground knowledge
- Ability to connect you to more than 140 currencies and 200 countries and territories
- Powerful global liquidity platform to consolidate cash, improve forecasting and increase efficiency
Client service and commitment
Understanding the issues facing higher education is critical to providing financial solutions that best serve the missions of colleges and universities.
Clients have the confidence of working closely with a highly experienced higher education team that serves nearly 3,000 educational institutions, 86% of the “Top 50 National Universities1” and 82% of “America’s Best Colleges.2”
Year after year, semester after semester, Bank of America leverages the strength of one of the world’s leading banks — and the focused attention of a local relationship — to help institutions of higher education turn opportunities into realities again and again.
To learn more about our commitment to higher education, please contact your Relationship Manager.