We may also use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law including treaties or agreements with or between foreign or domestic governments (including in relation to tax reporting laws), which may include laws outside the country you are located in, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country, to cooperate with law enforcement, governmental, regulatory, securities exchange or other similar agencies or authorities including tax authorities to which we or our affiliates are subject or submit, in each case of any country worldwide, or for other legal reasons, who may transfer the Personal Data to equivalent agencies or authorities in other countries; (b) to central banks, regulators, trade data repositories, or approved reporting mechanisms which may be outside your country; (c) to courts, litigation counterparties and others, pursuant to subpoena or other court order or process or otherwise as reasonably necessary, including in the context of litigation, arbitration and similar proceedings to enforce our terms and conditions, and as reasonably necessary to prepare for or conduct any litigation, arbitration and/or similar proceedings; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer Personal Data to a third party (i) in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) and/or (ii) to third parties, as requested by clients or their representatives.
How do we collect personal information online through cookies and similar tracking technologies?
The type of information we collect from and about you online will depend on how you interact with us and may include: (not all of these may apply to your environment)
- Unique device identifiers (for example Media Access Control (MAC) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses).
- Browser type, version, language, and display/screen settings.
- Information about how you use and interact with our sites and mobile apps (for example page visited or links clicked).
- Survey responses and similar information which reveals views and preferences, but which does not reveal a person’s specific identity.
- Responses to advertisements on the sites and mobile apps where we advertise.
- Log information such as your search and voice to text queries in the mobile app.
- Search engine referrals.
- Geolocation information.
How do we use the information collected online?
We collect this information through cookies and other tracking technologies for the following reasons:
- Because it is necessary to ensure the site works as intended, such as performing authentication within a secured site. Without this information, some services you have asked for cannot be provided, for example within a secured area requiring authentication and to assist in detecting and preventing fraud, identify theft and other risks to you or Bank of America.
- To remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you may have customized. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
- To improve how a website works and includes collecting information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, or if they get error messages from web pages. This information can also be used to make collective inferences based on choices and browsing behavior for marketing and advertising research.
- To deliver advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. These are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. These are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
- To provide you with information you request such as the location of an office based on your location.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Data. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.